Sometimes the owner may have a specific problem with there dog that needs a bit more than just class lessons. For these situations we offer a home visit to assess your dog in the enviroment that the problem occurs .Firstly we work with the owner to recognise the cause of the problem behavior. Once this identified we can move on with some specific measures and training to deal with the specific issues.
We must remember that there is always a reason why a dog behaves the way it does. The dog does not automatically know right from wrong. It has to be shown how you want him to behave. Punishment is not the answer. Reward the correct behaviour or redirect to an alternative behaviour and reward is the best option.
SOME OF THE BEHAVIOURS THAT WE WORK WITH ARE
- not recalling on command
- separation anxiety
- fearful behaviour
- over excitability
- behavioural modification
- thunderstorm and firework stress
Some points to remember about training your dog.
- Be consistent with your commands
- Train in short sessions.
- Learn to play with your dog to build a bond.
- Use different rewards ie play, praise, affection, not just food.
- Learn what your dog enjoys and use that as a reward in your training.
- Incorperate feeding times with your training.
- Train in different places to consolidate your exercise.
- Use variable rewards ie reward randomly rather than every exercise.